All Patio Awnings Are NOT Created Equal
While all manufacturers’ products perform the same basic functions and look similar, the qualities range from economy mail order “do it yourself” installations up to deluxe turnkey systems. When choosing a patio awning, there are five things to consider.
- Durability of Material: Mail-order or home-center awnings typically use vinyl for the canopy, which will stretch, fade or even crack over time. Our awnings are made from time-tested materials with built-in rain diversion to reduce streaking of your valance.
- Durability of Hardware: Low end awnings often use galvanized nuts, bolts and cables which do not hold up to UV rays, salt air, or atmospheric pollutants as well as superior products. We only use awning hardware that is triple-powder coated with a heavy duty commercial finish and utilizestainless steel fasteners and hardware to prevent against corrosion. Our heavy duty mounting brackets are not brittle cast metal like the cheaper awnings use, but extruded steel and are fastened with heavier duty lag bolts into the structure of your home.
- Retractability: Some awnings retract; some don’t. Some retract manually; others retract by motor. Our motor and controls are manufactured by Somfy, the leading tubular motor maker in the world, and each motor is rated at 100,000 cycles of use and carries a five year full replacement warranty. All motorized Patio Systems awnings come with a back-up manual crank override should the power fail.
- Available Styles and Colors: Mail-order or home-center awnings typically are available in limited sizes, styles, and colors. We offer over 200 different styles and colors and can provide awnings from as small as a few feet to any practical size you will need.
- Stability of Company: Good luck getting anyone on the phone if you have a problem with your mail-order or home-center awning. With little or no customer support, what you think you save in the initial investment is often offset by long term aggravation and costs of maintenance or replacement. At Patio Systems, we will be here for you for the life of your home.